Saturday, August 7, 2010
Jessica's Gone Raw
They say you should never go grocery shopping when hungry. That is precisely why I stopped at Taco Bell before going to Trader Joe's last night to buy two bags of raw food for the raw food diet I started today. I've done this raw food detox diet twice in the past. The first time was in college, in order to eat healthy and lose some weight. I made it 5 of the 21 days. The first three days I thought I was going to die. The fourth day I felt A-MA-ZING. No asthma, no allergies, no headache and more energy than ever--I didn't even need a nap that day! The second time was to try and end my six month headache that had been incurable by any other means. That time I made it 10 days but didn't have nearly the same wonderful effects. Probably because I was on 16+ pills of medication per day to control the headache pain. It's probably an oxymoron to try and detox while simultaneously intoxicating my body. I was so proud of myself for making it through today, even though I came thisclose to having a diet coke at work. Then on my way home from work a co-worker called and reminded me that she was taking us out to lunch tomorrow. DRAT! There goes the diet. I felt mad for having suffered all day for nothing. I came home and drowned my sorrows in "someone's" half a chocolate bar in the fridge (sorry Honey). I'll try again another day, perhaps Monday. I will faithfully suffer for three days and if by the fourth day I don't feel A-MA-ZING---I'm having a whole chocolate bar, darnit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment