Here is Mishaela in the Moby Wrap, facing outwards. I'm shocked that she tolerated this position because I sure wouldn't want my arms strapped down like that! However, she feels very stable from my point of view--almost like she is part of my body.
This way looks more cofortable for her but she is actually very unstable and slips out when I bend over (oops!).
Moby with Mishaela facing inwards. This was the way I wore her when she was smaller and curled into a constant fetal position. She would often fall asleep this way.
The Ergo with Mishaela in the front-carry position (the baby cannot face outwards in the Ergo carrier).
Side view of the front position.
With her arms "out," this position pulls my pants down less but at her height, the top of the carrier makes little red marks in her armpits :(Both carriers have their pros and cons. The Ergo is far easier to put on and much "cooler" in warm weather. The Moby was fine to wear during the winter but with the baby wrapped up like that, in the summer it feels positively sweltering. There is a lighter version of the Moby called the Portable Baby Wrap (http://www.theportablebaby.com/wrap.html) which I have not tried but would consider buying if I ever have a newborn in the summer. In the Ergo she has more wiggle room and I can feel her swaying from side-to-side when I turn around, which makes me feel less stable than when she is wrapped up against me in the Moby. The Moby does not have a back-carry position or a side-carry position. The Ergo, however, has a back-carry position (as you can see) and also a side-carry option--which I have not yet been able to figure out.
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment